Friday, July 10, 2015

Curly Girl Profile: Kirsten (2B)

Curl Profile: Kirsten (2B)


Kirsten is a teacher and a fairly new curly girl. After having straight hair for years, her hair started to show signs of waviness. Through experimenting with techniques and products, she's really built up a fabulous curl pattern and loves embracing her natural curl. On top of keeping her hair healthy, she keeps her body healthy by being a representative for Plexus products. If you'd like to know more about Plexus, click here.


How would you describe your curl pattern?
2B

How would you describe your porosity?
Low Porosity

How would you describe the density of your hair?

Medium Density

Are you following the CG method (no sulfates, silicones, etc.)?

Yes

If you answered YES to question 4, how long have you been going CG?

I have been following the CG method since May 2015.


What product do you use to cleanse or Cowash your hair?


Screen Shot 2015-07-09 at 11.11.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-09 at 11.13.27 AM.png
I am a huge fan of DevaCurl No-Poo, however I ran out of it. I am currently using Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair because I had it under my sink. I like both products.


What product do you use as a rinse-out conditioner?



DevaCurl One Conditioner


9. What styling product(s) do you use?


Screen Shot 2015-07-09 at 11.21.47 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-09 at 11.22.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-09 at 11.22.41 AM.png
I use DevaCurl Light Defining Gel, Styling Cream, and Flexible Hold Hairspray

Describe your wash day regimen:

I “wash” using DevaCurl No-Poo. Once rinsed out I flip my hair upside down and put in DevaCurl One Conditioner. I squish water into it, making sure the conditioner gets into the follicles. I then use a wide tooth comb and comb through the conditioner. I rinse it out, and then use my DevaCurl towel and scrunch out some of the water. After scrunching in the gel, I plop using a soft long-sleeved tee. After about 40 minutes, I take the shirt off and flip my head upside down and finish drying with the diffuser for 5 minutes. I typically have to rearrange a few curls and use a tiny bit of hairspray to keep some curls out of my eyes.



Describe your refresh day regimen:

I can go 2 days without washing. Here’s what I do on those days:

Day 2: I thoroughly wet my hair (I squish water into it from the sink). I finger comb the curls, and then plop for 40 minutes using a soft long-sleeved tee. I then use the diffuser for about 5 minutes.
Day 3: I use the One Conditioner, and go through the regimen I would as if I washed it.

What’s the biggest challenge you face having naturally curly hair?

For me it’s been how different my curls can look from one day to the next. One day I have the most beautiful waves ever, the next it’s a frizzy mess. I’m learning to embrace letting my hair do it’s own thing. Oh--and not touching it during the day--it causes frizzies.

What’s the best thing you’ve discovered by going natural?

It is a relaxed look. Even though there are more steps involved in styling, it’s very easy to do. It doesn’t take as much effort as keeping my hair straight. Updos look great when my hair is wavy. And it holds better, too!

14) Any advice you have for others with similar hair to your own?

Don’t be a perfectionist. Your hair has a mind of it’s own. Embrace it.



SHOP THIS ARTICLE: 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;