Sunday, December 25, 2016

Jen's Top 5 Curly Girl All-Stars

As I reflect on life this Christmas, 2016, I'm proud to say I'm still 100% living the Curly Girl Lifestyle. The holder on my bathroom wall that used to hold my flat iron is collecting layer after layer of dust and I'm getting ready to remove it completely.

I've tested and tried dozens of products, so I thought I'd give you a list of my absolute must-haves for Curly Girls of all shapes and curl patterns. Here's my Top 5:


1. Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla (Sulfate-Free) Shampoo and Conditioner

Though I still incorporate Co-Washing into my regular routine, about once per week I use this combination on my hair to clarify and remove build-up. The small is delicious and it cleans my curls without over-drying.



2. As I Am Coconut Co-Wash

I have tried dozens of different co-washes at dozens of different price points, and this one is HANDS DOWN the best in the market as far as I am concerned. It cleanses hair without making it oily (even after 2-3 without washing!) and smalls wonderful. If that wasn't enough, it comes in under the $10 price point. Can't beat that with a stick.




3. Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-In Conditioner

After rinsing out my conditioner, I apply this to my soaking wet hair in the shower and comb through with my fingers. From that point on, a comb or brush doesn't touch my hair. Simply scrunch out the excess water with a micro-fiber towel and apply product. I cannot survive without this stuff.


4. Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee

Don't let the name fool you: this gel gives strong hold but doesn't freeze curls too firmly into place. I use this in conjunction with some sort of mousse (depending on the season) but this is ALWAYS the first thing I put on my hair after I wash. 





5. DevaCurl DevaTowel

I cannot stress how important a good microfiber towel is when preserving delicate curls post-wash. Terrycloth WILL NOT DO! The new DevaTowel is BIG, soft and soaks up water without making a puffball out of your curls. I cannot recommend this enough!


I hope you are having a wonderful and blessed holiday season! Happy post-Holiday shopping to all!


SHOP THIS ARTICLE:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;