Friday, December 28, 2018

Product Review : Cantu Cleansing Cream Shampoo and Conditioner

I recently went through a period where my curls weren't looking as clean and fresh as they had been. I'd been using the same products for quite some time, the weather was changing, and I decided it was time to experiment.

Since I've been using almost exclusively natural products for ethnic hair, I decided to try Cantu. These products are extremely inexpensive, smell fantastic, and can be purchased easily online and in many local drugstores.

I switched my regular co-wash for Cantu Sulfate-Free Cleansing Cream Shampoo and my regular conditioner with Cantu Sulfate-Free Hydrating Cream Conditioner.




First up, the shampoo: I was very impressed with this product. One of the things I miss when I co-wash is the lather. I still have excellent curls and soft hair, but sometimes you want some suds, right? This shampoo has sufficient lather without stripping hair, and I cannot get over how great it smells. It's WONDERFUL. I does give a little bit of that "squeaky clean" feeling that I'm not super crazy about but I didn't need to use much and it got the job done.

Next, the conditioner: This conditioner is very thick and also has the great coco butter smell of the shampoo. I combed it through my hair and let it sit for the rest of my shower. It rinses out clean and kept my hair feeling soft. I finished up with my go-to leave-in conditioner, Kinky Curly Knot Today.

A month later, I'm still using these products. I recommend waiting at least 2-3 days between shampoos to avoid dry-feeling curls and maybe sub in a co-wash in between uses. Overall, I think these will be the winter products I use most. Can't beat the price and I got some great results! 

Have you ever used Cantu products? What are your thoughts?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;